Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Cheerful New Year

How is the New Year going for you? Quite Cheerfully, I hope, now that the Christmastide rush and rumble have faded away.

Speaking of Cheer, it's time to pick up where we left off in December, and link up with Planet Penny for her weekly Reasons to be Cheerful. Here are some of the things that brightened my week:

1. Sleep. SLEEP! Glorious, long nights of it, with no visions of sugarplums or other Christmassy things-to-be-done dancing in my head. I do love sleep, and this week I've been getting a-plenty. (I'm also very grateful that I never have trouble sleeping.)

2. Ideas. The tide of creativity, at extremely low ebb in December (with what little there was diverted into Christmas channels), has come roaring back in a flood. The Micawber head is seething with yarny thoughts which I only hope the Micawber hands can successfully execute. Speaking of hands, here's a glimpse of one of the aforesaid ideas, peeking out from under my sleeve:

Pattern to be posted this week

3. This glorious sunset.


A sky like this fills my heart with quiet gladness that only deepens with the colours of the clouds. The trees in lacy silhouette are the perfect, delicate counterpoint to the wild, rich tones of the sky.

For more Cheerfulness, hop over to Planet Penny's. Be sure to leave a comment there or, better yet, write a Cheerful post of your own and join the gladsome crowd.

Here's to a joyful end-of-week for all, and a happy and productive New Year.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww....sweet, sweet sleep. What a gift to never have trouble with it. I too am with you on that one. Very fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very envious of the sleep thing, I'm hopeless at it, frustratingly! One of the bonuses of winter is to see the bare bones of the trees, they're so beautiful. When I did my first year as a mature student at Art College in 2001 I spent a whole term studying and photographing the leafless trees, and for the first and only time was sorry to see the arrival of Spring!
    Thanks for joining in once more!
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sleep, mine is a little allover the place at the moment bu I too am grateful I can sleep. I am dreading having to get up a lot earlier on Monday to do the school run.

    I love colourful skies and have photo upon photo in my files, I've painted a few but they can look very un natural so my favourite to paint are probably clouds, I like the idea o trees, but just can't do them without getting caught up in doing each twig!

    I'm glad to get on with things other than Christmas things now and look forward to seeing more of your gloves/wrist warmers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Great things to be cheerful about, and what a beautiful sunset. I am glad and sad all at the same time, that Christmas is over. The wrist warmers look intriguing - and warm. Though that's another point of contention - waaaay too warm for winter here! Gee, I don't sound very cheerful do I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, that is a gorgeous sunset! But I'm also anxious to see your upcoming pattern! I think it's going to be another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking how pretty your rings are...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, it is a very glorious sunset.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The Christmastide rush and rumble..." -clapping hands- What a delightful way to put it!!!

    -waving hand- Same here. Grateful I don't have trouble sleeping!!!

    Oh happy sigh... Such a sunset, and such a view.

    Thank you for the joyful post! My year is going well so far. But we can always, always use a bit more of *do-pluck-up-now-ness*... :-)

    Eeeek! The Captain of the Grammar Police will be after me, for sure! Eeeeek! Running, ducking and hiding. -giggles-

    "Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
    We cannot cure the world of sorrows,
    but we can choose to live in joy."

    ~Joseph Campbell

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....